Friday, July 01, 2011

Still pushing...

So ya know we're really trying to get the new record out, here's an example of the replies we're getting. This from a major label:

"I just wanted to tell you again how much I like your new album. It has so much of what I love about rock n' roll in it - the driving, beat-ey songs, the more melodic numbers, the catchy arrangements, the cool and sometimes funny lyrics - it really is just a blast to listen to! Like so much of your stuff, it harkens back to the great NRBQ records ("Ridin' Around" especially!). I hope you do well with it. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you but - to sell records these days you have to be out there consistently playing live ... that was always the case but now more than ever. I dunno if that's in the cards for you guys but, while it can be done without it, you really need to be ready to accept the inevitably lesser results if you don't. Most of all though I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you sharing this fantastic music with me - best of luck with the project!!"

No comments: