Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gee lady, your radio has a lot of SOouUND!

Wow! Just put in a good ten hour day today and it was BRUTAL! Not the work, THE MUSIC!
“Ohhh, you’re a musician? Let me put the radio on for you…” So she did. It was what they call that “Country music radio”. What? You didn’t have a screaming baby to put in the room with me? Oh my GOD!!! MY apologies to fans of such, but jeez!!!!!! There is some HORRIBLE-ASS SHIT being pumped throughout the airwaves these days! And not only is it bad, but over ten hours you’re gonna hear the really bad ones more than once. When I first walked in Steve Earle’s “Copperhead Road” was on, OK I’m cool with that. What station is this? Didn’t matter, it went straight to hell downhill from there. Alabama, Clint Black, Toby, Reba, “God Bless the USA”, Kid Rock and Skynyrd, bad covers of bad songs, Taylor Swift, you name it…it was a total beat down! Hell, I can take going up and down a ladder for that long. Just don’t inflict pain on TOP of pain! One song I still can’t figger out, “What about them drawers”?? That’s the best I could come up with. Horror of horrors if I ever couldn’t work doing what I’m doing and had to go work at a car dealership or somewhere that had that shit on all day. Just kill me.
To be honest, after a while it was kinda like that “Far Side” comic where the dog was getting chewed out by the owner and it showed what the dog was hearing …“blah blah blah blah blah blah…” That’s really what it sounded like to me. OK, I’m home now, where’s my Sex Pistols CD??

1 comment:

dave g said...

3 words ....

autotune
autotune
autotune

Like Zappa said in the 60s -
"Kill ugly radio"