Saturday, April 14, 2007

kwikeith update

After Keith got up at 4pm on Friday, he, Jack and I went to The Raleigh Times and had dinner (breakfast for Keith). When we got back to "Jack Tracks" also known as 411 Pod, we got right to work on a song that had been in my head all day. I had a bass line going that I thought would work great with "Oh no you di'ent!" and oh yes it did! Took a while for the other guys to hear what I was hearing but in the end it came out sounding not unlike an Expencive Winos track. That one's gonna be one big fat groove! Then we laid down a really good version of a song that Keith has had laying around for a while, the very Hollies sounding "Jennifer". It's a vey solid track indeed. Jack is playing bass and Keith is playing guitar for the purposes just getting the drum tracks right. Keith may wanna go back and redo the bass if he feels like it but Jack can certainly more than hold his own, and especially since he and I have been the Raleigh groove machine since 1978. There are a cool few jams that may turn into something and just before we quit last night we got some ideas down for "She dug me up (just to kill me again)". So things are moving along swimmingly as long as we can get Keith to wake up and get going before it gets too late into the night.

5 comments:

roscoe said...

You are a brave man Terry Anderson!

Anonymous said...

Bring your drunk asses over to see Drunk Stuntmen tonight @ Hideaway....it's on yer way home!

Wornoutmorgan said...

Well, I would like to hear this recording when you get it done.

In Melbourne, Australia the other night, I saw a all girl 3 piece rock band called the Killerbirds. Young women, bass, guitar, and front and centre, a drummer vocalist. They were real good, but more important, I thought you might like to know your influence is spreading.

philwo said...

Can't wait to hear the songs. it's one of the greatest projects in the last few years. Man, it's shurely gonna be a Killer!! take good care of ol' Chappi !!!

philwo said...

Hi Roscoe,
you're a brave man too!!!