Tuesday, June 27, 2006

quick hits

No! The Oakteam WASN'T playing the Elks Lodge in Clinton, MO. when it collapsed.

Grace and I watched "Cool Hand Luke" Sunday. I forgot how great that movie is. Paul Newman is such a badass and George Kennedy was unbelievable! Make sure you rent it soon. But don't be eating during the egg eating scene like we were.

The TarHeels lost the College World Series on a wide routine throw to first base that would have been the third out in the inning. Like any game with unfortunate loses you can point to many other plays that could have gone our way so I hope that kid doesn't beat himself up about it for too long. We're all still proud of the Heels for making it that far and look forward to watching these guys in the pros.

Thoughts and prayers to (Knobs guitarist) Keith Taylor and his family on the loss of his Dad. "CB" was a busdriver and had lots of great stories...including the one about the "pulpwood truck". Not a story I can tell here, but ask me about it sometime. He will be missed.

I'll prolly go see Robbie Fulks tonight at The Pour House. Damn fool! He better not throw me over his back like he did last time. We were dancing while the band played on and I guess he thought we were jitterbuggin'! By the Grace of God I landed on my feet.

No comments: