Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Richmond feedback

This is from my friend in Newport News, Mike Piercy. He and his lovely wife, Wendy drove to see the Richmond show last Saturday night..

I've been thinking about what I wanted to say to you about the show, and I think I finally figgered it out....
I still remember when you first told me about your idea and concept for this band, being inspired by that Dave Edmunds tape, and wanting a band that just didn't let up, not for a minute. Not to get too Neil Young/Spinal Tappy about it, but I'd like to congratulate you on realizing your vision. In spades. I should think it must give you a great deal of satisfaction to listen to what you guys do, or at least I hope it does, and I am very happy for you. You certainly deserve it. As far as Saturday night, I was just knocked out. No song intros or stories, no band intros or jokes, just one rockin' number right after the next, no let-up. If there's a more appropriately named band playing anywhere, I haven't seen or heard of 'em.
Please let your fellow Butt Punters know how much we enjoyed the show. Glad you made it home safe and sound. It was so great to have you guys up here, and I hope you can do it again some time. Barry also sends his best regards. he thought the world of you and really appreciated you coming to the store. Thanks again.

MP

No comments: