Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Birthday!

To those of you who wished me a happy birthday, I just wanna let you know that your wish came true. My day started early because Nathan had to show us all of the stuff that Santa brought him for Christmas. I didn't complain though cuz who the hell can bitch about your very own child being happy and excited? I needed to get up anyway to start cooking for our family gathering with my sister and her husband and her kids and grandkids and my dad and Grace's mom, plus my bunch. We had a great time and I was really proud of our new dining room. I bought a new solid maple dining room set with six chairs and a granite top table on Wednesday. It really looked awesome and very "Christmas'y" in there.
After I ran everyone off, I was able to get my old man nap to be rested for the big birthday party gig at the Pour House. This years event was by far the best ever! This was the fifth year in a row and we have never played better or had any more fun than we did last night. There was no opener nor did we need one. We played about 35 songs and rocked like holy hell! The monitors were great (Thanks to Mr. Jac Cain!..his fifth year also!) and we sang like birds. And though the crowd was smaller than last years' they were about twice as loud! Will got up and finished a song for me on drums while I played with the stobe light and sang up front. I can't imagine and old man like me having any more fun, it was just stupid. On a scale of 1 to 10...I'd give it a 65.
I wanna thank everyone who brought presents for me also. Jack gave me a coveted bottle of Nicaraguan rum and the new John Lennon 2 CD set. My friend Larry gave me a bottle of wine and a 4 pack (he drank 2 of'm!..bitch!) of Anchor Steam. Norwood gave me a pint of that new Wild Irish Rose with ginseng that I've been wanting to try. (Yeah, that's what we need...HORNY street bums!) And last, but in NO WAY least!...Denise, Davey B.'s lovely wife gave us a heavy duty banner with our name and the ass kickin' guys on it that is absolutely off the hook amazing! You'll get to see it if you come to a show in the future. It's about 3 feet by 20 feet! It's huge!..and very very cool! I gave the guys all ball caps with the ass kicker guys embroidered on'm. Those are cool too! Anyway, I just wanna say thanks to everyone for making my 49th birthday my happiest ever. I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry, we had so much fun, that show was AWESOME. It was obvious you were really into it. Thanks to all of you for a great time from the "Stalkers" from Wendell, we met you playing pool.