Thursday, May 10, 2007

comment response

Jonathan Rundman said...
Hey, that guy at the Abbey Pub in Chicago after the Yayhoos gig who asked you about the Styx Tribute Album...that was ME!
The album turned out pretty cool... unlikely Styx fans covering their favorite Styx tunes. A lot of great musicians appear on the project, including Tom Freund, Jon Brion, and Jim Roll. Terry, it would have been awesome to have your interpretation of a Styx song on that record!


I’m sorry Jonathan, I sincerely did not want to go here because I remember you and like you personally, but Rod Stewart had it right. There are two kinds of music, good and bad, and it was bad music (like Styx) that inspired me to write my own songs. Music corporations killed Rock and Roll by force feeding us this kind of crap. It has been my life’s mission to provide an alternative to this soulless drivel, void of any human emotion. They are the bane of my existence and I only live to save or in some way heal the world from their wretchedness. If you can not see the difference between what I am trying to do FOR music and what Styx did TO it, then I clearly have not done my job. I will try harder to separate myself and my sound in the future. Thank you for making me aware that there is still work to be done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no he di-'int!!! Guess my REO Speedwagon project will have to wait until I can get John Freund's number.

TA said...

who's JOHN Freund? Better yet, who in the hell is TOM Freund?

Anonymous said...

Uh...kinda my point...so what's his friggin number already!???

Anonymous said...

TA good music, Styx bad music. Actually, I think it's crap. From an impartial observer.

WE R COMIN' ! said...

TA playing Styx??
No way !!
Maybe on a Faces Tribute I can imagine. I think it would be a better idea to organize a Terry Anderson Tribute Album to honour his work for the preservation of true Rock & Roll !!!
So come on and send me your recording of a TA Song !!!

Anonymous said...

I remember a great tune done by Ace... 'I just want a Terry Anderson song' or something like that, Hey Ace, is that still up on the web somewhere??!!
Gerben