Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Spirit






When Jeff Carroll asked me to contribute a song for the Christmas CD, “Have a Holly Raleigh Christmas” I begged off. Weeks later he called back, “C’mon man, I need you to do a song for this thing”. “OK, lemme see what I can come up with”, was my reply. And the only thing I could come up with was a remake of my song “Daddy had a Wreck”. So “Santa had a Wreck” made it on the CD and became the favorite of many. So now Jeff asks if we can do a live thing. Hmmmm, lemme axe the boys….”Sure, any chance to play” was pretty much the response I got. So Jeff E-mail’s me a week or so ago and wants us to play a low key in-store type deal to promote the CD. Well, yesterday we did it and it was a blast! And I can now say that I am officially in the Christmas spirit! Who wouldn’t be after playing such hits as “I Can Give you Everything (for Christmas)”, “Git yo ass up da Road (and git me a present, Bitch!)”, “Why don’t you come over here and help me drank this Eggnog”, (all I want for Christmas is a..) Sunday Dress” and that song that goes..”It’s been raining since last Santa-day, that was the day that you came back…”, I forget the names of these songs, sorry..Playing in front of the Capital city Grocery was a lotta fun! Maybe we’ll get on the grocery store circuit!!

No comments: