Tuesday, December 20, 2005

the Philippinos

I had a fun day at the painting job I was working on today. Them crazy Philippinos had every TV on PLUS the radio on full blast with all my favorite Christmas songs...and you know how I LOVE me some Christmas songs! Especially, all those classics by Michael Bolton, Chicago (I'm convinced the trombonist was the star in that band!),Alabama ("Christmastime in Dixie" or some shit..just awful!)..and since when did Kenny Loggins' "Celebrate Me Home" become a Christmas song? I was very confused, not to mention angered by that! So I had to listen to that shit and then the subwoofer started going off in one of the TV rooms. One of the movies Grandma wasn't watching (because she was shy when I came in and ran out to do yardwork in the 30 degree weather) had some kind of war going on and bombs were dropping and guns were blazing. So much like the REAL world, people in one room were singing Christmas songs while people in the other room were getting blown away, so much for my political analogy. But what I failed to mention is that Grandma can't speak a word of English so when she watches movies or any kind of TV it's in Spanish! Now, she don't speak Spanish either..but what the hell, I guess she just feels less dumb if it's English she's NOT understanding. I don't know...I just don't know.....

No comments: