Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Big Al sez hey!

Talked to Big Al Anderson last night who I haven't heard from in a while. He said to tell everybody "Hey!" so.."Hey!" from Big Al. He's been busy writing a lot with Vince Gill, Patty Lovelace and 'em out there in Nashville. He said he's hardly been home since August. I can't imagine writing songs like that, for that long. You gotta get jadded and at some point and just start letting a whole bunch of shitty lines (to a song that you're working on) through that you wouldn't normally just to get the song done to please the publisher. I don't know, that's a different kind of music than I make. God bless him, I hope he has another hit soon. He said it's been a while since his last radio single. I told him that's cuz he hasn't been writting with me. He agreed. We keep threatening to do a record together.."Little T & A". He has a new deal with a major label which will also buy back "Pay Before You Pump" for him and re-release it. Maybe I can get in on that one, at least a song or two. Hell, his co-writes always seem to help MY records!

No comments: