Monday, July 04, 2005

red, white and blue

Well, I'm drinking' RED wine (surprise!), I'm WHITE (sorry, that's the best I could do!) and I woke up this morning and made pancakes with the fresh BLUEberrries that I picked yesterday on my Grandparent's (now my Uncle's) land.
I worked on my truffle farm today, just cuttin' grass, aesthetic stuff. No harvesting, that's in Jan. & Feb. I think it's gonna be a good year though. The trees are getting so big that they are shading the whole field. Dark, humid, warm= mushrooms (truffles). Last year they got up to $1800 a pound!
Sorry Spain, but I cook with my truffles and I cook with yours..can't tell the difference. They fill the kitchen with the same sweet earthy smell and taste the same. My favorite is pasta and fresh jumbo shrimp with my creamy truffle sauce!
God Bless America!













whassupTA

No comments: