Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snot running down my nose

OMG! I’m lucky I ain’t writing from the hospital. I was hockin’ up baseballs, snot was shooting straight out my nose, and I thought I was gonna have an aneurism and shoot blood horizontally out my ears I was laughin’ so damn hard. Tonight, after some serious work, we started “working” on another song. Not much going on at the top (intro), we were looking through some pre-sets on Logic 8 to maybe fly in to make it a little more interesting. It’s cheatin’ yeah, but sometimes ya git lucky (like Jon did on “Had me at git Lost”). We tried a few pedal steel voicings, got close but decided against it. Next, we tried some violin, nah. Dobro, uuuugh! We eventually made our way to the stooopidiest sound of all, the sassy blues flute...a la Ian Anderson (Jefro Tull) or like the one in Marshall Tucker Band's "Heard it In a Love Song", just a horrible noise! Well, when Jon put it in the mix it fit PERFECT! It worked like a charm...except…it sucked as bad as suck can suck (much like the M.Tucker thing)! At that point I felt a hernia coming on. I ran out to the front porch and began gasping for air. I was laughing to the point that I didn’t want anyone to look at me. Damn them flutes! They kill me every time! I wish you all could hear it. It’s the worst/best thing you ever heard! Making records isn't always pretty, but it IS always fun! Well...mostly, when we're not hurting ourselves laughing so hard.

3 comments:

roscoe said...

Careful there Trucker!

Jax411 said...

It was truly horrific and hysterical at the same time....

halfpear said...

"There's no sound in flutes." -- Buddy Rich

Just remember that.

Happy belated birthday, Terry.