Wednesday, October 18, 2006

well shit..

What we fiddin' to do next? After Friday night at the Troika Festival in Durham the OakTeam's got nothing until my (uh..hum..50th) birthday party at The Pour House Christmas night. Is this the 6th year of my parties or the 7th? Oh..whatever..I feel like a TV commercial.."Do you remember the 50's?..I said, "DO YOU REMEMBER THE 50'S, OLD MAN!!"
Anyway, there are a few things in the works. The OakTeam's aforementioned Friday night gig, The Yayhoos Nov. 9 show w/ The Bottle Rockets in NYC at The Mercury Lounge, The OakTeam's next record which we will begin to record in the next week or so, TA w/ Big Al on the Delbert Blues Cruise in Jan., Yayhoos in Spain in Feb.? (May..beee!!)..and I'm sure something else will come up!
Sure would like Europe to see the ass whoopin' that is The OakTeam. But it seems that the promoters I've contacted are scared. Maybe one day...
I sure miss Europe, I was thinkin' about it today as I drank a Blue Moon Belgium Wheat beer..

4 comments:

Bobzilla said...

Seems more like the 8th or 10th. I mean, how long has the Brewery been closed? And hell, I kinda remember you doing 'em there (with Enloe) for at least 4-5 years. All I know is that I'll be hauling ass back from Charlotte for what seems like the damn hundreth time...

TA said...

Well?, we'll both be 50 so that adds up, right? 50+50=100

Lisa Meltzer said...

Well, I've gotta say that your birthday party last year was the first Christmas I'd ever spent in a bar, and I had such a blast that I plan to do the same this year.

Anonymous said...

You should come over and taste some fine spanish wine I have here for you man... you'd sure miss that afterwards!