Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Copeland live

 
I took (my son) Will and his girlfriend, Ashley out to see one of their favorite bands last night at the Lincoln Theater in Raleigh. This gave me yet another excuse to drive my new car so I was hip to the idea, plus there's a song or two of Copeland's that I really like. This guy, Aaron Marsh is the singer-songwriter dude and he has got the purest voice of anyone I've heard in a long time..even live. I don't think he wavered from perfect pitch but maybe once or twice all night and effortlessly went from his natural singing voice to falsetto like a trained opera singer. I'd love to hear him do a Todd Rundgren song or two 'cause that's who he reminds me of.
But his songs are great too. There are a couple with some wacky time signatures which makes it hard for a 1-4-5 old schooler like me to figger out but it keeps it interesting. That song, "Amanda" has a really badass guitar riff in it that I could easily hear Keef whip out. Overall, it's not the kind of music that most people would expect me to like but what the hell do they know. Anyway, like I told you before..I'm a sucker for teeny bopper music, but Copeland is better than that. Posted by Picasa

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: