Sunday, July 09, 2006

whore in church

Ever heard the sayin', "nervous as a whore in church"? How about a drunk in church? That was me this morning. Yeah, I went up to the church house to see my son perform in the play that they will do while in Ecuador. It was moving and hard to watch, so I guess it did it's job..making us sinners nervous! The church itself was cool. They let everybody in, bikers, grandmas, whites, blacks and everyone in between. They do a lot of shoutin' in his church and I had the distinct pleasure of sitting in front of the loudest of them all. My ears are still ringing with "AMEN!","HALELOOO-YA!" and "PRAISE THE LORD!". I think a couple of the members were actually speaking in tongues too, which was pretty wild. It had been a while since I last went to church so I guess it was about time I got my sorry ass in there. Maybe I'll straighten up and fly right one of these days!

No comments: