Sunday, September 18, 2005

70's channel

As I painted my living room on Friday, I took what seemed like a harmless trip down memory lane by turning on the TV and switching to one of them music channels what they got on the satelitte. I was busting out laughing right by myself at the crap they were playing. It was hiarious. There was John Travolta's big hit, "I'm gonna Let'r In", Abba's "What's the Name of the Game", there was some suped-up classical thing that I'd never heard before than was a sceam, Glen Cambell's "Rhinestone Cowboy" and the one that hurt me the worst was (I think it's called..) "Rock and Roll Heaven". Here's the chorus: "If you believe in forever and life is just a one night stand, if there's a rock and roll heaven, then you know they gotta hell of a band, Band, BAAAAANNDD!!!" Then it cut to the sappy verses, "Jimi gave us rainbows and Janis, a piece of her heart.." It was so unbelievably awful that I was almost crying.
Now I gotta worse problem, IT'S THREE DAYS LATER AND I CAN'T GET THOSE DAMN SONGS OUTTA MY HEAD!

No comments: