Monday, June 13, 2005

Willie Dylan

Oh my god!, I just got back from the Willie Nelson/ Bob Dylan throwdown. Awesome (x 50)! Willie was so cool. I'm totally down with him now. I love "Poncho and Lefty" and "You were always on my mind" made me miss the hell outta Elvis! I can't believe the hole that he's worn in that guitar of his, and he was only a little bit outta time all night.
Bob's band was greasier than Waffle House, and he sang in pitch all night believe it or not. I loved the "Hot Tuna" treatment of "Highway 61". He did the shit outta "New Morning". But the highlight for me was the blatant Jimi Hendrix version of "All along the Watchtower". Rocked like ASS! Kinda made me feel really insignificant. Hats off to the openers, The Green Cards, tasteful masterbatory bluegrass. The cutie on bass gave my son her autogragh and made his day! One of their songs sounded like "Battleship Chains" Hmmm....











whassupTA

No comments: