Friday, February 22, 2008

Aaaahchooo!

I’d like to go ahead and personally thank the 5 or 6 people that will be at our (11:30) gig in Chapel Hill tonight at Local 506. I probably won’t be able to thank you tonight for coming because of this cold I have but I’m sure you’ll be glad you came when you hear hits like “Git AAAAAHCHOOO Up the Road”, “I Feel a SNEEZE Coming on”, “Mr. Noseblowerman” and “Under the Weather or Not”.
Y’all know I’m a basketball freak, hell I wouldn’t move to Nashville because I couldn’t get Tarheel basketball out there. It’s been a pretty good week for UNC, what with Duke losing twice and letting us back in at the top and two demoralizing victories over VaTech and NC State. I heard that the RBC is now referred to as ROY’S BASKETBALL COURT. Ouch! It should be a fun run in March!
Speaking of ACC basketball, we had a game RAIN OUT last night in Atlanta between Va. and GaTech. Now that’s just ignunt! The roof was leaking at Alexander Mem. Coliseum and they couldn’t guarantee that is was gonna stop so they pulled the plug.
Hell, they can flip a coin for the V for the difference that it will make in the standings.
That’s 2 sucky teams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw you pull out a UNC guitar at Rhythm and Brews awhile back, I had to hold back a shudder. Generally, I've got nothing against the Tar Heels (as a Bulls fan, thanks for MJ), but man it hurt to have the Heels beat my alma mater, Illinois, in that 2005 championship game.

Now a few years removed UNC is still at the top of the pile and the Illini are fighting to stay out of the cellar of a mediocre Big Ten. You took away our one shot at glory!

I guess I'm not over it yet.

Tom in Chicago

Anonymous said...

P.S. I hope you feel better soon TA!

Tom