Sunday, November 05, 2006

whorehoppin'?

As a single man, I was never one to meet a girl and go home with her on the same night, something in the South known as “whorehoppin’”. Call me old fashioned, but I’ve always needed those notes of trust and understanding for intimacy to occur. Why would I chance makin' babies with someone I don’t know? So when someone Emails me, whose music I’ve never heard, and wants me to write songs with them I’m a bit hesitant. I really need to know where your head is at musically to get down with you. I would hate for one of our children to end up on a really crappy record with flutes and banjos and someone singin' it in a voice like Michael McDonald's.
The correlation is amazingly similar because to us writers, our songs are a lot like our children. So please understand when I turn you down initially, I need to get to know you.
Take it slow...be gentle.

No comments: