Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Shut UP! Lady!

I’ve spent the last couple of days working for this old lady that lives outside of Bunn. The house is hot inside like most old folks like to have it and she spends most of her days laying on the couch bitchin’ about her back. I went in today, fairly chipper in spirit and looking forward to getting my job done (properly, of course) and getting the hell outta there ASAP. I was also looking forward to hearing my coach, Roy Williams discuss this year’s team on the radio. I had missed the first run of the interview and knew it would be re-run in the 9am hour. Sure enough, as soon as ‘ol Roy comes on here comes the mouth of the South, N-word this and N-word that, “Betty’s coming Thursday to take me to get my hair done..blah blah blah…”, all this shit about people I don’t know or want to know. “Dorothy’s coming tomorrow”. “Well good!! Let her fat ass come on! I’m tryin’ to listen to my damn coach!”, I’m thinkin’. She starts going off about white girls “getting with” them (insert N-word, plural) and all this other racist bullshit and I told her that she was being “ugly”. “Naw, hell it ain’t ugly neither!”, she says. So finally she's talking so much that I give up trying to listen to the radio and just turn it off. And of course, as soon as I do that she lays there and gets quiet and starts watching "Regis" or "The View" or some other shitty morning show.
It’s time for lunch and I welcome the fresh air outside driving home with the windows down in my van and not really looking forward to going back in the afternoon to the blabber and cigarette smoke. But I eventually do and thankfully she’s asleep for while when I get back.
Three o’clock rolls around and another radio show comes on and guess who their special guest is today? Roy Williams! Hell yeah!
So, ‘ol Roy gets introduced and as soon as the host asks him the first damn question here her ass comes in again..”I ONLY buy these paper towels right here when they are on sale…”
AAaaaahhhhh! SHUT THE HELL UP LADY!!
Needless to say, I never got to hear a damn thing the coach said ALL DAY.

No comments: