Monday, October 03, 2005

lexington

The on again, off again, on again, off again gig in Lexington is guess what? Back on again. It's at the Short Street Lounge Oct. 15, yes, just 2 weeks away w/ a band called Taildragger. It's my buddy, Scott Luallen's Birthday, and he claims that we're his favorite band so we gotta make it happen for him. Maybe gas will go under $3 a gallon between now and then. Yeah, right.
This is a great time of year for sports. There's the baseball playoffs, NFL and college football going on. Basketball will start up soon. It's the time of year when I have a hard time deciding which one of the meatheads calling the games on TV that I hate worse. It's always these three at the top of the list though, and like I say not in any particular order..Tim McCarver, Terry Bradshaw and John Madden. I especially hate McCarver cause he talks like he's on Sesame Street explaining the game to 2 year olds.."See..the ball is round...therefore making it roll much EEEEASIER across the ground!"...Thanks Farthead! Madden is about as bad. He's just a big 'ol doofus. But the worse for me this week is Bradshaw. He ain't as funny as he think's he is and he's always talking about how cute he is, which he definately ain't! He, to me, is one of those folks (much like our President) that I can't turn off fast enough when I see his ugly mug on the screen. Oh and speaking of Washington and football!..

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Hail to the Redskins!
Fight for old DC!

No comments: