Friday, September 02, 2005

A Bigger Bust!

A Bigger Bang- The Rolling Stones

Got to listen the entire new Stones record this morning and I gotta share my first impressions.

1-rough justice
The one we’ve been waiting for since “Some Girls”! We knew ya had it in
ya, boys!
2-let me down slow
Did I write the chorus to this one? Sounds like it. Descending and cool.
3-it won’t take long
..to get tired of this one!
4-rain fall down
Yaaaawn! Another attempt at being funky, but this time you get
the sucky lyrics too!
5-streets of love
In the beginning you’re going “oh no, not that guy again” but the chorus wins
you over and makes everything alright. Purrr-tee! Just to damn long!
6-back of my hand
Could’s been on “Exile”, in fact I think that one lick that Keef is
playing WAS!..on “Stop Breakin’ Down”
7-she saw me coming
Love it! This one makes ya wanna pole dance! ..or at least watch one!
8-biggest mistake
Stones go to the “Old Mexico” feel again. It’s not bad, just..whatever.
9-this place is empty
Keef, with Conway Twitty sentiment. It ain’t workin’! One listen will be enough
for most of us.
10-oh no, not you again
Trying too hard again, it ain’t grabbin’ me! Frustratingly bad cuz
the guitars rock like hell!
11-dangerous beauty
huh?
12-laugh, I nearly died
This one’s in the running for being my favorite. Very BB King but more evil.
The chorus is BAD-ASS!
13-sweet neo con
Mick gets all political and shit. I actually kinda like this one.
“ya call ya’self a Christian, I think that you’re a hipocrit, ya call
ya’self a patriot,I think that you’re a crock o’ shit”. Right on, Mick.
14-look what the cat dragged in
Trying to get funky again, best thing about it is the guitar solo
(sounds like Woody)
15-driving too fast
This one will be better live. I was singing
“Takin’ Care of Business” along with the chorus.
16-infamy
Uh, it’s “..in for me..”, that’s really clever that you called it “infamy”!
How about “it did nuthin for me!” Keef’s singin on top of the beat
which is always annoying, I don’t care if you ARE The Rolling Stones!

So if I gotta give an overview I gotta have three categories:

Wrap ya tongue around it:
Tracks 1, 2, 7 & 12

Sink ya teeth into it:
Tracks 5, 6, 8 &15

Put ya boot behind it:
Tracks 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 & 16

Much like “Exile”, you can take the best 10 songs from this record and make a pretty good time out of it. This is why records are generally around 10 to 12 songs long, after a while you realize that some of’m shouldn’t have been on there. That’s the reason The Olympic Ass-Kickin’ Team record has a bonus CD with the songs that were cut on it. We could have made a 16 song record for you to pick through, but to make a GREAT record as a danceable entity, one that you can put on and not wanna skip through, we had to cut it back. That what The Stones should’a done on “A Bigger Bang”!

No comments: