Saturday, June 18, 2005

sleeping beauty

I was about to walk out of the door of Roscoe's lower eastside digs when the FedEx lady climbs the 3 flights of stairs and hands me the mastered version of the new OakTeam record. Can't wait for y'all to hear this! You've been needing a new dance record for a long time!
So we get to the studio at the usual 12:30 after a one stop ride on the subway over to Brooklyn. Our hero, Keith shows up looking well rested and ready to go 30 minutes later. We start getting busy fixing background vocals and various guitar parts. Keith stretches out for a little lay-me-down. Hours go by, we're talking and playing guitars loud as hell, then the snorring kicks in. Around 6pm or so and he's back on his feet. I say "Well hey Keith! ya ready to rock?"
"Aw man, I gotta go, I gotta gig tonight!" Our hero!















whassupTA

No comments: